How do I decide which type of boiler best suits my needs?
There are 3 different types of boiler:
- Combi boiler (or ‘combination’ boiler)
- Regular boiler (often also referred to as a ‘traditional’ or ‘conventional’ boiler)
- System boiler
Combi boilers provide heating and hot water directly from the boiler.
Regular and system boilers heat your central heating system directly and produce hot water for your cylinder.
A Combi boiler is most suitable if:
- You want to use your loft space for a room conversion or other purpose
- You live in a flat or bungalow (i.e. have very little or no roof space)
- You need to have hot water available on tap without waiting for it to heat up.
A regular or system boiler is most suitable if:
- Your home has more than 2 bathrooms
- Your main water pressure is low
If you just want to replace an old boiler to improve an existing conventional central heating system then any of the above would suit depending on your needs. Which boiler you need will depend on several factors, including your property and lifestyle. It will also depend on the professional advice of a Gas Safe Register installer for gas boilers, or, an OFTEC registered installer for oil-fired boilers.
Find out which is the best new boiler for you by asking me. I can offer advice and give installation prices.