Terms and Conditions
Engineers operate under their own Gas Safe Registration & as such are solely responsible for any Gas related work & subsequent liability.1. For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean Delaney Plumbing Limited.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
The Operative or Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
3. HOURLY RATE WORK. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company (plus the Companies margin) & the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer should understand that not all issues can be resolved in one visit. An Operatives time is chargeable for, on either a solution or investigation of a instruction by the Customer. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate except in cases where the work carried out is zero rated.
4. FIXED PRICE WORK shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials, and shall be within 10% over and above the equivalent total hourly rate cost. All costs are plus VAT at the prevailing rate.
5. Where a written estimate/quote has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate/quote may not match the time taken to carry out the task. The estimate/quote may be revised in the following circumstances:—
(i) if after submission of the estimate/quote the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate/quote.
(ii) if after submission of the estimate/quote there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if after submission of the estimate/quote it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate/quote was prepared. (iv) if after submission of the estimate/quote it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate/quote was prepared. (v) should a detailed Insurance Report be required in addition to the estimate/quote and invoice, then this will incur a charge of £30.00
6. The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide an estimate/quote to the Customer & shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by estimates/quotes given in writing to the Customer. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates/quotes given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
(a) For all contracts unless specific terms are in place – Payment in full is required upon completion. A deposit to secure a start date and to cover materials may be invoiced before the works are started.
(b) For contracts over 2 weeks written application/invoices may be submitted in arrears for the total value of work executed (less any previous payment received). Payment should be made on demand.
7. Material Collection.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
(a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
(b) If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
(c) Only one engineer is allowed to leave the job to collect parts, apprentices excluded.
8. Invoices are due for payment immediately upon delivery to the Customer. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid may carry interest at the rate of 4% over the base rate until payment in full is received by the Company.
9. Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non delivery of materials. On rare occasions Operatives will be called off site due to emergency works. The Customer is to be made aware of this and the Operative will return as soon as possible to carry on the works. Where an estimated completion date is given either verbally or in writing and the works run past this date. This is to have no financial impact on the Company unless a signed completion contract has been completed by the Customer and Company.
10. The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company’s account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or partnership) & receiving a written estimate) the name of the third party appears on the written estimate.
11. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out &/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
12. If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
13. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion. Materials supplied by the Company will come with a Guarantee for 12 months unless specific manufacturer warranty periods have been stated. We may need to forward customer details onto the manufacturer for warranty registration purposes. The Company does not accept any damaged or loss incurred from the failure of any materials or products supplied by the Company and the responsibility always falls with the product manufacturers. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
14. The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc. The company will not guarantee the performance of any existing system, plumbing or electrical that the Company joints new products to. If a new product fails due to the existing system its joined onto and the Company is required to carry out rectifying or remedial works to this product then these works shall be charged at an hourly rate plus any materials.
The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the operative/engineer.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by an operative/engineer either verbally or in writing where recommendations of any other related work which requires attention.
The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Corgi Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
15. Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
(a) Where the Company carries out any task on any part of an existing system or product which fails, during or after, the Company shall not be held liable for any damage caused, and any rectifying or remedial works to this product/system is required then these works shall be charged at an hourly rate plus any materials. This includes changing of pressures within a system from gravity to mains, fitting booster pumps or sets, any work on water storage tanks or cylinders and any system flushing including power flushing.
16. Where the Company has not been given specific specification in writing by the customer of any part of a system design, materials or product placement before the works have commenced and the customer is not wholly satisfied with any part of the system design, materials or product placement then the customer is liable for any remedial works necessary. Any remedial works necessary to change the system design, materials or product placement will be chargeable at an hourly rate plus any additional materials required. If the customer provides a specific specification and wants to change any part, the customer shall give notice in wiring before that part of the works have been carried out.
17. The Company shall be entitled to fully recover costs or damages from any operative/engineer/contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship results in the Company being made liable for those damages or rectification of the work.
(a) Engineers operate under their own Gas Safe Registration & as such are solely responsible for any Gas related work & subsequent liability.
18. These terms & conditions may not be released, discharges, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
19. Title to any goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by the Company until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to the Company.
Until such time as title in the such goods has passed to the Customer:
(i) the Company shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all any or part of such goods in which title remains vested in the Company,
(ii) for the purpose specified in (i) above, the Company or any of its agents or authorised representatives shall be entitled at any time & without notice to enter any premises in which goods or any part thereof is installed, stored or kept, or is reasonably believed so to be.
(iii) the Company shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the Customer from selling, transferred or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, risk in such goods shall pass on delivery of the same to the Customer, & until such time as title in such goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall insure such goods to their replacement value & the Customer shall forthwith, upon request, provide the Company with a certificate or other evidence of such Insurance.
20. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
21. The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time.
These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.